jueves, 1 de octubre de 2009

Nothing is simple (9/21)

Using the internet (access, speed), having things work (computer, cords, electricity, using different sites)- impossible. Difficult. Most of the time, I don’t even want to bother. They really are keeping us busy here, which is good, just hard to fit in sleep. It seems like I’m more tired than normal- maybe speaking another language is more draining? I can say I miss having a phone to use for meeting up with others, reliable internet, and hot, or even warm, running water. Using a bucket of water isn’t too bad- but cold water, meh. I can’t imagine, or rather don’t want to imagine, bathing with cold water in less than 60 degrees- whoo, hoo (that’s my shiver sound). If stationed in the Sierra, that will be an interesting transition. But at the same time, the Sierra is the place I am opting for since the scenery is spectacular.
So one new part of life to become accustomed to…
Bathing in cold water and from a bucket that was just used for mopping ;) (as was the case with my host family…)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario